Monday, July 31, 2006

Ode to My Mom

Although this isn't an ode. Technically an ode (according to the American Heritage Dictionary) is: "NOUN: 1. A lyric poem of some length, usually of a serious or meditative nature and having an elevated style and formal stanzaic structure." This is not a lyric poem and there's certainly no elevated style here, just two thoughts on why I have a great mom:

My Mom held me and cried with me on Friday because she knew my heart was broken.

This one earns top mothering marks, even though I'm not at the point to believe her or even care about this right now. She told me that I was too beautiful and too smart for there not to be a guy out there who was looking for his Allison.

Anyway, it was just what I needed. No judgment or anything else, just shared tears and comforting words. Thanks, Mom.

No comments: