Thursday, February 19, 2009

Yeah, whatever.

I'm feeling all disconnected and emotionally ick tonight. Sigh. Also, the cold weather has made the skin on my hands crack; bottles of lotion have not made a dent. My thumb hurts and the crack on the side of it makes it hard to hit the space button. Double sigh. 

Maybe it will be better tomorrow. Lotion for the hands, then sleep, then a chance for a better, pain free tomorrow. Here's hoping...I wonder if that sentiment makes me optimistic or just stupid? But then my dog sniffs me like I might be some sort of imposter, and it makes me laugh and feel better. An optimist (against all odds), then, I guess.

2 comments:

Jennifer Thompson said...

http://www.thistlefarms.org/inventory

Body balm. It's excellent. It'd be better if I used it consistently, but when I use it it's great. I put it on at night before bed; it's got lots of oils so it's a little greasy for the day. My hands start cracking in October and don't stop till sometime in April.

Al said...

Good to know. This is the first year I've had to deal with it. I am not a fan of cracking skin. Just seems wrong somehow.