Sunday, October 11, 2009

The Death of a Dream

For as long as I can remember (maybe 5 or 6 years...I have a short memory), I've wanted to learn how to knit. Apparently that was a pipe dream. I took my first class today and it was awful. The instructor, when she couldn't figure out what I'd done to add an extra loop to a whole line of stitches, was like "well, at least you're consistent." Consistently wrong she meant. I'm so disappointed, but I just could not follow what she was saying and having to focus on the needles and the yarn just gave me a big headache. Barb was like, "well, I guess I won't be expecting a scarf for Christmas!"

There goes my hopes for a handmade Christmas. Sigh....

1 comment:

Jennifer Thompson said...

I have an idea of what you might be doing to create that extra loop, though maybe your teacher already thought of my thought. Seriously - don't give up after one class! There are tons of people around who can help you out. I'm volunteering. :)