Wednesday, March 07, 2007

I Wish You Had Seen This

This story is the perfect example of how trying too hard NOT to do something can actually make that thing happen. It's like how you're not supposed to think about or look at the scalding hot mug of tea when you're carrying it because if you do, you're bound to slosh it over the edge and burn yourself.

The story starts yesterday morning when a big glob of toothpaste fell onto the top to my can of mousse. In a rush as I always am, especially on Tuesdays, I left the glob to clean up later or never - whichever came first. This morning I needed to use my mousse so I was very carefully trying to remove the top (this is the scalding hot tea part) without sticking my hand into the goopy toothpaste. Somehow, I squeezed the top too hard, it shot off over my head, hit the bathroom floor, ricocheted up about 6 inches onto the tile wall, AND STUCK THERE.

We would have laughed about this. I wish you had seen it.

3 comments:

fabricsnob said...

lol. I like it! My bathroom/vanity area has seen many of these product casulties, though none has been quite that spectacular. I did get root lifting mousse all over the bathroom door once...

Al said...

It was definitely something to to see. I don't know why I didn't take a picture of it!?!

amanda said...

i keep finding little spots of pink B&B fruity lotion on the floor and wall. i must apply lotion in some odd, contorted way!