Friday, July 13, 2007

More happiness that money can buy and some that it can't

Introducing my new furniture. TA DA! It makes me very happy. It was a little more than $3 though. Interestingly, the circumstances around it being delivered make me just as happy as the new furniture does.

I've been extremely blessed this week by easy sailing. Easy sailing is not something I usually expect. Crisis? Plague? Nuclear explosion? That's what I usually expect (could it be that I get these things because they're what I expect?). But, I think because I've been having a stressful time the last couple of weeks, God decided to take some roadblocks out of my way.

I have a great friend who let me borrow his car while mine was in the shop. My car bill was $0, even though they did a lot of work figuring out what was wrong with it to begin with. WalMart (of all places) replaced my tire for free; I didn't even have to resort to threats! My furniture was delivered 10 minutes BEFORE the delivery window - even on Friday the 13th. Seriously, if any one of these things had gone wrong, it would have added so much extra stress that I prolly would have had my own nuclear explosion. But no, everything was fine. That's an unbelievable blessing, and I can't even express how grateful I am for all the things that somehow managed to go right.

LIFE IS GOOD.

No comments: