Friday, November 16, 2007

For no apparent reason, I'd like to tell you that my favorite dinosaur is the Brachiosaurus. Here's a picture:

That's a happy dinosaur, right? When I was in grade school my parents helped me make a papier mache Brachiosaurus. And by helped, I mean they made a papier mache Brachiosaurus. But I was the one who painted him a strange brown color. I think he might be around somewhere still. He's probably hidden wherever the handmade, hand-painted pig with the sunshine on his butt is. Sigh...nobody gets my artistic genius.

(On papier mache art projects - I think that's probably the kind of thing they don't tell you about when you want kids. WARNING! You will be forced to create extinct animals from gooey, watery paste, paper towel holders, newspapers and a hairdryer at 10 o'clock the night before the project is due. Also you'll have to make a diorama of the desert.)

2 comments:

fabricsnob said...

oh. my. word.
That made me laugh out loud.

J. Eric Smith said...

I was searching for images on Google for "happy dinosaur" (don't ask) when I found this post . . . as the previous commenter noted, serious laugh out loud moment. Not LOL. Laugh out loud. You know the difference. I've added you to my links . . . enjoyed trawling through your archives.

J. Eric Smith
http://blogs.timesunion.com/jericsmith/