Monday, December 10, 2007

(More) Things You Never Needed to Know About Me

On Clothing, Shoes and Meg Ryan
Even though I am, perhaps, the very last person you'd think of if I said who reminds you of Meg Ryan, I kind of felt like her (circa "You've Got Mail") today.  I think it was the skirt, tights and shoes combination.

I shined my dull, scuffy black shoes today and each time I looked down, I felt a sense of accomplishment at my shiny shoes - which is better than the last time I wore them when I felt a sense of disappointment every time I looked down at my dull, scuffy shoes. I am tempted to go home and shine all of my shoes, but know I won't.

I wonder if it's my shoes that made me think about Meg Ryan or Meg Ryan that made me think about my shoes?  That's the universal question, in a way, I guess.  Chicken or the egg?  Meg Ryan or shoes? If you think pondering that question will help you figure out your place in the universe, then I give you my permission to ask it of yourself.  You're welcome.  

On Groceries
Clementines are my favorite fruit.  They are the sunshine of the beginning of my season of discontent each year.  They are also on sale at Publix for $3.99.

I think self checkout lines at groceries are stressful unless you're only buying two things.

I inadvertently spent $5 on three apples.  I forgot they're priced by weight.  No more big, fat Honeycrisp apples for me.  

On Illness, Kleenex (somewhere a trademark department cringes) and Purses
Since I have been sick, I have been very diligent in the kleenex department.  Today I realized that I have five pocket packs of kleenex in my purse, all in various stages of use (not use, use - that's gross. I mean a different number of tissues in each pack.  Just to clarify.) And at one point today, I also had two boxes of kleenex on my desk, but that was really out of my control.

Re:  kleenex.  I think my purse is too big.

The Red Cross is stalking me.  I may have to file a restraining order.

I feel like there was some other minutiae I was going to share with the world, but now I can't remember what it was.  So there you have it - some things about me today, Monday, December 10, 2007.  My computer, Nashville, Tennessee, United States, North America, Earth, Milky Way, Infinity.

1 comment:

amanda said...

yay for clementines! i will probably be sick of them next week, though. however, i did find some coconut flakes in the fridge, so's i think i might have to make some fruit salad.