Tuesday, March 25, 2008

It's been a week since I posted, and I feel like I need to post something else but I can't say that I have that much to say.  My mind is kind of blissfully blank. That pretty much NEVER happens so I think I should enjoy it while I can.  
Of course I do have plenty of strange ideas left in me.  Here's one. Remember the Super Bowl commercial for Tide with the talking stain? It was a guy on an interview and the interviewer couldn't hear anything because any time the guy would go to talk, the stain would start yelling nonsense.  I was thinking that it would be nice if bruises could do that and tell you where they came from.  Of course, if you're not someone who has bruises all over your body 90% of the time, it might not be as intriguing a thought.  I remember a friend in college laughing and breathlessly saying, as her boyfriend tickled her, "Stop!  I bruise easily!"  I should have a t-shirt that says that.  

Saturday morning I looked down and had a bruise on my knee. Nothing bad. I'm sure I just bumped into something.  Lack of depth perception makes it hard to navigate corners and the tops of desks. So, no big deal.  But then I'm brushing my hair, and I see that I have one of the nastiest bruises I've had on the inside of my left arm.  I have no idea how I did it.  I did have my arm hooked over a metal chair for a large part of Friday night, but surely that couldn't bruise me, could it? Anyway, a talking bruise to say, "hey stupid, this is what you did." would be nice. In all aspects, I don't like not knowing.   

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I totally agree with this. I too bruise easily. I thought it had something to do with low B12 levels but I don't remember too well. Part of my problem is that, after appearing out of nowhere, they take so long to heal. Having a bruise tell you the story of their creation would be awesome.