Sunday, March 16, 2008

Not today, maybe tomorrow

I'm sure, by now, that everyone is familiar with the story of the woman who spent two years in her bathroom and eventually had to be removed (toilet seat and all) from the bathroom and taken to the hospital.  This story completely dumbfounds me for reasons that I am sure are apparent to all people who don't get so much comfort from their bathrooms that they decide to live in them.  

The part of the story that really struck me and the part that broke my heart was in one of the earlier stories I read.  They quoted this woman's boyfriend as saying that he had tried to get her to leave the bathroom.  And he said that she always said the same thing, "Not today, maybe tomorrow."  I think that may be one of the saddest things I've ever heard.  With that one statement, I almost understand. We may not live in our bathrooms for two years, but I know from personal experience, everyone has their own "not today, maybe tomorrow" scenario.     

2 comments:

LB said...

Did you post this after Turk sang that song about the 7 women in the bathroom?

Unknown said...

How very thought-provoking and deep of you! Yes, I believe that we all have our own scenario. I'm going to think about that. Thank you.