Wednesday, April 16, 2008

Not today, maybe tomorrow - Part 2

So I'm having a "not today, maybe tomorrow" kind of day. I was supposed to make my way over to Panera tonight to work on transferring files from my old computer to my lovely new computer, but in the end I...just...couldn't...do...it. I knew the second I got home that I would not be leaving again tonight. Oh well, maybe tomorrow.  
In a heartening story of triumph over "not today, maybe tomorrow," I finally replaced the tail light bulb that was burned out on my car. It wasn't the main one - that one I would have fixed sooner - but a small one on the side of the car. It's been burned out for a year, possibly longer, since it's a little difficult to see your own tail lights (I recommend backing up to a building that has reflective glass windows). 

I started seriously thinking about changing the bulb in December, so I went out and bought replacement bulbs. They were the wrong bulb. Sigh. That slowed down the process for a perfectly reasonable 3 months. But I made great strides today when I not only took the bulb out and bought the correct one, but actually came home and put the new one in. Seriously, all of this taking place in one day - without threat of some imminent doom - is unheard of! After buying the new bulb, I could have easily driven around with it in my cup holder for at least another few months. Perhaps I'm evolving...one can only hope.    
Maybe that's the real reason I didn't want to go to Panera tonight. It was tomorrow for something else, which pushed today back a day (or let's face it, most likely, several days). Yikes, that thought just kind of blew my mind. Anyhoodle, I know "maintenance is the stuff of life" and all that, but I really must protest. It would be nice if these things - yards, cars, tags, plants, relationships, bagged salads - were all self-sustaining. That probably negates some other important kind of life lesson, like the value of a hard days work or something, but it sure would be nice if all these things that can break would just take care of themselves.

{This post is probably an argument against me getting a puppy. I really should read this every time the urge strikes.}     

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I hate doing dishes because everyday there are more to be done. It's never-ending. I wish I had a dishwasher so I didn't have to think about it so much. And I think procrastination is a genetic trait found in 90% of the human population.