Thursday, July 27, 2006

Flying Through the Air With the Greatest of (un)Ease



I jumped the other day.

Unfortunately, the ground seems to be approaching awfully fast. I guess there's still time for someone to throw out some pillows, but I'm pretty sure I'm just going to have to take the hard landing on this one.

I know I've done the right thing (ironically enough, I typed "wrong" first) by pushing things so that a decision has to be made, but that doesn't stop the fear and the "did I do the right thing?" questions floating around in my head. What if I shouldn't have jumped? What if I should have been more Zen and waited a bit longer to see where the flow would take me?

One of the hardest things to do in life is to let go of the rope, the hand, whatever, and move on - even when you know you might be saving yourself or someone else pain. Admitting defeat is not easy. Finding out you lost is hard.

As Coldplay says, "...the hardest part was letting go, not taking part." So I let go, even though I didn't want to. Even though I'm still hoping to be caught.

POSTSCRIPT - There was no easy landing on this one, but that's life right?

image from San Fransisco's Urban Diversion webiste

No comments: