Thursday, January 18, 2007

Bad news...

...I'm back in school, and I'm still a dork. A much cuter dork, but a dork nonetheless.

In fact, after confiding in co-worker J. that I used to want one of those rubber pencil triangles (the ones they gave out to help the kids who had trouble holding their pencils correctly) because it made the kids "special," he told me he was pretty sure I was "special," triangle pencil thingie or not.

In addition to learning everything about the human body in school, I've been learning everything (or at least some things) about dinosaurs, the solar system, phonics, and bugs at work. Here's the most interesting thing I've learned in a long time: Gnats fly in circles because their left and right wings are different sizes. They're the "special" ones of the insect world.

My brain is so full right now that I'm pretty sure the gnat fact has bumped some important bit of knowledge (like my PIN number or how to tie my shoes) out of its slot in the filing cabinet.

2 comments:

amanda said...

i'm not sure those pencil grippy things actually did anything other than make the pencil look cool. i never realized they had a purpose.

fabricsnob said...

omg I'm laughing. love the way you write.