Friday, May 04, 2007

It's Never Rained Like It Has Tonight Before

This has been one of the most awful, up and down, emotional weeks I've ever had. I guess there might be a few other weeks that rival or even surpass it for outright crappiness (I can name 2 without thinking), but it was the dizzying heights and the crashing lows that were the real problem.

Despite all that, I didn't break down and cry like a baby at the Patty Griffin concert. It's a feat I'm semi-amazed at, because I cry when I listen to her even when everything is A-OK. When she sang "Rain," I felt the tears welling up to the tip top, but they didn't fall (surface cohesion at work, I guess). I blinked them back with all I had because I refused to be the dope that personalizes everything they hear. At least I refused to be that person for a minute, and that was enough to get me through it.

It was a great concert, and I'm wearing an awesome t-shirt now. It's my new favorite t-shirt. I may never take it off again. It combines two of my favorite things - Patty G. and birds. Bliss.

No comments: