Tuesday, May 15, 2007

I don't like your girlfriend

She's like so whatever,
I think we should get together.
Hey! (Hey!) You! (You!)
I don’t like your girlfriend!
No way! No way!
I think you need a new one
Hey! (Hey!) You! (You!)
I could be your girlfriend

Am I the only one who sees the potential for using this song in some teenage romantic comedy where the girl next door pines for the best friend who recently dropped her to date the popular cheerleader who lives to make the little people's lives miserable? And of course, for no apparent reason, there will be some choreographed group dance numbers too.

Picture it: the girl next door (and, I'm thinking, the boy's little sister for added cute factor) are plotting against the horrible girlfriend/cheerleader and creating all kinds of havoc - perhaps involving water balloons, mustard and a wet dog or rigging the school election or putting chiggers in her bloomers before the big pep rally - in an effort to show that the girlfriend is snobby, uptight and all wrong for said boy. Hilarity will ensue.

I might go see that; I'm a sucker for choreographed dance.

No comments: