Wednesday, September 27, 2006

Garden of the Gods

Ok, since everyone was wanting to know more about Garden of the Gods, thought I'd post some pictures from the trip (please notice the scenery and not me in the one I'm in). I have Brandon to thank for all these great pictures; you do have a "good eye!"

Can you believe this is just 3 hours (and kind of a world) away from Nashville? To me the rocks look like something you would see out west. It was so beautiful.



This is a cross, in the middle of nowhere, called Bald Knob Cross. It was a really creepy place - very windy and wet and deserted. It seemed more likely to be a place someone would run out of the woods and carry you away than a place to honor peace. It's a peace cross or something...I didn't read the signs; I was too busy watching for mass murderers.

I blame my squinty face on the sun and my crazy hair on laziness and the wind. Why? Why can't I ever take a good picture? Although, in truth, this isn't that bad.

I have no idea what this is. This was near our cabin. I feel that someone must have felt pretty strongly about this phrase considering they painted it in huge letters on the roof of their barn. I have no idea why they did it or what it means, but I don't even know why I do things, let alone why others do the things they do. Perhaps God told them to do it.

I think I've got a couple more pictures that I'll throw up later today.

1 comment:

amanda said...

your squinty eye picture looks like model on a runway pose! ever thought of sending that one into Vogue???