Tuesday, September 12, 2006

We're Not Czechoslovakian! (or This is the best outfit to wear for the day.)

I urge anyone who has not seen the documentary "Grey Gardens" by the Maysles brothers to rent it. Believe me, it's the best time you can have sliding into insanity. Want to hear more about it? Check out the link to NPR - additional footage is being released on an upcoming DVD AND there's a musical AND a movie coming out. And once you've seen it, you'll understand the title of my blog.

Grey Gardens

2 comments:

Stephanie Willis, LCPC, CADC said...

is it a musical. . ? cuz i really really dislike musicals outside of the theatre.

Al said...

No, the documentary is not a musical (although I just remembered this insane song and dance that Little Edie does at one point). I would be curious to see how you, as a mental health professional, would experience this documentary. Because, most people that have seen it and who I've talked to about it have said the same thing - watching it really makes you feel crazy. It's all so strange and freaky and funny. You really get sucked into it. Also, while you watch it, watch for the migrating broach. You'll know it when you see it.