Thursday, October 19, 2006

A Frightening (and most likely disturbing) Glimpse Into My Mind

Bath Time Thoughts:
I have long hair, and I shed. A lot. (As an aside, I hate hair that is no longer attached to the place it should be. There is nothing grosser, and yes, this includes my own hair, not just others.) I live in an old house with old pipes. Therefore, unless I want to buy Drano by the truckload, I collect my hair and plaster it to the tile wall to wait there until I can get out of the shower and clean it up. I typically get a square of toilet paper and wipe the tile, picking up the stray hair. I've noticed lately, that when I do that - crumple up the square of paper and see the hair hanging down from the paper - it looks like a jellyfish. It's kind of like a Rorschach test with hair.

I was noticing the other day that I could make a fruit salad out of all the various shampoos, conditioners, gels, lotions, etc...in my shower. I have citrus basil, icy pineapple, coconut lime and apricot. Pretty funny.

Final bath confession - when I was in the shower tonight, washing my face, I somehow managed to jam my finger up my nose. It was not pleasant and now I am left with a little cut on my nostril. How do I do these things?

2 comments:

Unknown said...

You mean I'm not the only one that can't stand how much I shed? I have long hair too and I can't believe how much of it collects in the bath drain, even though I've brushed it BEFORE I washed it. Here in Canada they have a nifty gadget that looks like the inside of a salad spinner. It rests in your drain and catches your hair, thus saving you from needing so much Drano. You still have to clean it out but it's much more convenient than trying to get it onto the tile in the first place.

amanda said...

OMG! Ha! i don't mind cleaning my own drainpipe, but it bothers me gross when weekend guests are over and i clean up afterwards. ew.

hey! my cell phone will work in England. i'm reserving the $1.29/min for the parentals, but the text is .50c outgoing and .10c incoming. i'll let you know where we're heading for the Magical Mystery Tour!!