Friday, October 20, 2006

Love, Pain and the Whole Crazy Thing

So I just read that Keith Urban has checked himself into rehab. Big deal. Hope he gets better, but it's really of no consequence to me. In the article, it said that because of this he wouldn't be doing a promotional tour for his new album "Love, Pain and the Whole Crazy Thing."

I love that title. I spend a lot of time in awe and wonderment about how strange life can be. And there it is in his album title, life defined in 7 words. It's not particularly detailed. Not eloquent. Just true. Something about the title, knowing that other people are just as mystified and derailed by it, makes me happy.

What else makes me happy?
The Americana Folk Festival.
A cabin.
The Avett Brothers.
Patty Griffin.
Mindy Smith.
Sunny weather.
Sweaters to ward off the chill.
Intimately knowing love, pain and the whole crazy thing and STILL letting yourself be a part of it.

No comments: