Thursday, January 08, 2009

Never Was a Cornflake Girl

I'm not sure I'm a scarf girl either. I looked cute yesterday - tan/black snakeskin flats, tan cords and a cute v-neck, long sleeve black shirt. I also wore a scarf. Here's the thing - I don't do winter well. I'm from Florida. I often forget to wear a coat and then have to rush back into the house to find one when I realize it's 30 degrees outside. Scarfs, hats and mittens - while very practical, and often very cute - kind of mystify me. So anyway, I was looking cute yesterday and decided to accesorize with a black scarf with two cute white embroidered birds. So it was part of the outfit, not just a cold weather blocker. I'm not sure about that. I wasn't sure about it yesterday, and upon (way too much) reflection, I'm still not sure about it today. The thing is, there were probably 3 other girls wearing scarves along with their outfits yesterday. I think they all looked really cute, although theirs were thinner, more gauzy scarves.

And since something like a scarf causes this much self reflection, maybe I should just stick with the scarf with coat model.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

just realized you have a blog!! love reading your thoughts :)
so....to scarf or not to scarf? absolutely, always wear a scarf when in doubt. Being the flatlander that I am, there is rarely the NEED for a scarf, but I love them so much. You can pretty much catch me in a scarf anytime of year. I love them! If it's 90 degrees outside? Tank top and a scarf. I just can't help myself and I really don't care if I look like an idiot.
Love that your scarf had the birds. Love it.