Monday, May 02, 2005

What have I gotten myself into?

I have just created a blog. Oh no. What have I done? I've already forgotten my screen name and password. Just in case this is my first and last post, thanks for reading.

So,
what
to
talk
about....

Hmmm....didn't really think about actually having to type something at least semi-interesting here. And what if I confuse my to's, two's and too's? Or my its and it's? That would be embarrassing. I do know better, but all bets are off if I start typing in some stream of consciousness whirlwind.

Of course, I can always go with the very forgiving theory that language and grammar are always evolving and you can do just about anything with them as long as you say you're doing it for creative purposes. Just look at e e cummings what a life that would have been to be free from punctuation and capitalization of course it does run the risk of making your readers crazy as they try to divide your random thoughts into some sort of flow or easily understood nugget of information but sometimes its good to think about besides it leaves lots of room for interpretation and funny misunderstandings although i cant think of any examples at the moment

Ok, it's way too hard for my liberal arts minded self to forgo the punctuation. Just can't do it. I like my commas and periods, ooh! and especially dashes ----------

Until later -
Al

2 comments:

amanda said...

fabulous! i love it!

LB said...

welcome to the blogging world, baby girl!