Friday, May 27, 2005

Excuses

I'm in the middle of a huge project at work. HUGE. And worrying about going over budget (although I wasn't given one) and that the people I've contracted with are going to disappear or just suck in general has drained my creative brain cells.

Probably because I'm having to use them to think of ways to creatively rephrase "Get me your copy" for 8 different authors 3 times a day. Then I have to think of equally creative ways to tell the head designer that I do not have said copy yet.

His cat's having surgery so he's running a little behind.

She wrote 20 extra pages so she's got a lot of editing to do.

There was a (pick one) flood/power outage/major media event and she just couldn't do it.

He had to take his disk to Kinko's and the computer ate it. The helpful Kinko's man then removed the disk with a screwdriver and handed it back to him in a plastic baggie.

She was traumatized when she was attacked first by a bag of okra and then a frozen turkey floating in the ocean.

The voices in his head that tell him what to write have gone on strike.

She doesn't know how to use a computer.

I'm glad it's a holiday weekend so everyone will have some time to come up with a new batch of excuses to serve up on Tuesday. I probably won't write anymore until then. See, I'm going to be trekking through Nepal and then possibly doing a guest appearance on the Late Show with David Letterman. That is if my surgery to remove my parasitic twin goes well. It shouldn't be a conflict unless my Doctor has to go play golf or go to Capitol Hill to speak on stem cell research. We'll see what happens I guess.

No comments: