Friday, August 11, 2006

There Is Weather on Both Sides

This grey day is making me blue.

I've just sat through repeated listenings of the new live version of "Rain King" by the Counting Crows. It's so different than the studio version. This one is 7 minutes of intense longing; it's guaranteed to make you look over your shoulder and remember things you thought you'd forgotten. Adam (because, yeah, we're that tight) says, "When I think of heaven, G-d girl, you know I just think of you. Do you think of me too?" How much do I love that? There aren't words.

2 comments:

Stephanie Willis, LCPC, CADC said...

adam and i are like old lovers. we have shared so many beautiful moments. too bad he was always too high to remember me ;)

don't you LOVE the newest tracks too? are you going to the concert in nashvegas??

Al said...

Oh yes...Four White Horses is sad song perfection. I do really hope he's not as unhappy as he sometimes sounds. And yes, I am there for the concert. So is Elly if she'll buy her freaking ticket. So excited!