Tuesday, August 22, 2006

Random Concert Thoughts and Happenings

Have you ever seen a skunk being captured at a rock concert? No? Well, then you are missing out. The event people caught a skunk in a Rubbermaid container about 20 feet in front of us last night. It was surreal and stinky. Although, not as stinky as you might have thought. Perhaps Rubbermaid should consider that in an advertising campaign.

OTHER HIGHLIGHTS:
GOO GOO DOLLS - The lead singer for the Goo Goo dolls wore an unfortunate black skull cap last night that made him look like Jay of Jay and the Silent Bob fame. Strange, but true. In the category of Best Lyric by the Goo Goo Dolls, the winner is "I go on as you get colder." I haven't decided yet what I think it means, but I know that it kicked me in the shins when I heard it.

COUNTING CROWS - I had a funny moment watching the Counting Crows. Remember in the movie About a Boy where Hugh Grant is making fun of Toni Collette singing Killing Me Softly with her eyes closed? Basically it was along the lines that the song meant something to her. And that, according to him, was where all the trouble started - in things meaning something. I thought about that last night when I was listening to and singing along with A Long December (with my eyes closed, of course). I had expected the concert to upset me and leave me emotionally wrecked, but it didn't, not really. The only part that did, the only part I closed my eyes to, was that song.

AFTER CONCERT FUN - We were NOT AT ALL intoxicated, and we couldn't find our car. How sad is that? We all thought the other people were paying attention when we parked. People, when you go somewhere where there will be lots of cars, make sure you pay attention to where you park.

2 comments:

Stephanie Willis, LCPC, CADC said...

that is hilarious. next time i say take a pic of your car spot with your camera phone. or at least the area. . . .

the truth is that adam was meant to be singing in a small bar, behind a mic just twenty feet from the audience.
but then, maybe this year will be better than the last.
cheers to that,
me

amanda said...

did you have to hike throught the forbidden forest with a machete to get to your car? we did for the Dave show. And i thought I was being so clever wearing 2 inch wedges so i could see over tall people standing....it's a wonder i didn't need EMS services.