Tuesday, August 29, 2006

What do you think it means?

I had a strange dream this morning about otters. I was working in an aquarium, and I was supposed to be getting to know all the otters. While I tried to distract 2 huge otters that were fighting on my legs and totally freaking me out, a small otter swam over to me, hopped out of the pool, and sat beside me. When I turned around, the otter had become a little girl who looked suspiciously like Dora the Explorer. She kind of wobbled, and I put my hand down to steady her. Then she told me I should tell her to "be careful." So I did.

Um. Ok, then. What a strange dream. Maybe even stranger is the fact that I've sat here and analyzed it. I wonder why these thoughts were so important that my brain had to let them out? I guess my subconscious/unconscious - are they interchangeable? - thinks I need to be more careful. Caring as much as I do, but still trying to move on and heal at the same time, is a tough balancing act. Being a gigantic clutz (physically and emotionally) makes it even harder to do. I feel like I'm juggling all these conflicting emotions - loss, love, anger, hope, disappointment - while standing on one foot and hopping. Sigh...when does it get easier? "Be careful" is good advice right now.

No comments: